IMG_4183

Sunday, April 15, 2012

New, New, New

I recently asked Jeff if he noticed a change in us since we moved to Norway.  I think he was surprised at the level of depth our conversation was going (it was 7AM after all) and sweetly said "You're prettier". Always knows how to think on his feet, that one.

It did get me thinking, though, and I've noticed something.  We don't shy away from "new" anymore.  Don't get me wrong, we still enjoy the routine of everyday life but instead of going back to the same recipes, same entertainment, even the same grocery stores, we get excited about the challenge of something new.  This has probably come out of necessity since we run into something "new" on a daily basis - one of the many circumstances of moving to a foreign country.  I'm just glad we have come to embrace it.

So, what was new today?  Here are a few snapshots!


Homemade blueberry muffins thanks to Jeff and Betty Crocker accompanied by yummy coffee made by our French press (a little more effort for a cup of coffee but more fun AND more economical since electric coffee makers sold here cost $300+).

It was such a sunny day that we also decided to drive to the beach!  Obviously still too cold (and windy) for a typical beach day.  Or will my definition of "typical" be changing... only time will tell.  Can't beat that beautiful clear, blue sea though.






We've grown accustomed to seeing sheep farms versus cattle farms here in Norway. But nothing could prepare me for the cuteness of this little lamb. I almost hopped the fence to whisk him away..


Newest recipe - Madras Chicken Curry.  Found some curry powder at an ethnic store and thought I'd try it out.  After some internet searching, I mixed and matched some recipes and it turned out great! An added bonus: this may curb our cravings for the Tandoori Indian restaurant in the sentrum where Tikka Masala runs about $50 per plate (oh but it's gooood).


Hope you all had a great Sunday too! And for you friends in Tornado Alley, we were thinking about you this weekend and hope you are all safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment