IMG_4183

Sunday, June 3, 2012

I Have a Secret..

At least that's the face I'm making in my new license photo (according to Jeff).  The important thing to note is we both got our driving licenses here in Norway!  And, yes, the photos are stereotypically bad and made worse by the fact that we weren't allowed to show our teeth.  I am not a closed-lip-smile person.  Years of orthodontic torture couldn't cure 100% of my adolescent overbite, so it's almost impossible to do it naturally anyway.  Therefore, I ended up giving my I-have-a-secret-and-I'm-not-telling face (according to Jeff).


At least I tried right?  I'm not even uploading an image of Jeff's. He didn't even try to smile so he has that I'm-tough-and-mean-and-never-smile face (according to me).

You may be thinking, you got your license? Big deal. Well it IS a big deal!  Not only is Norway full of scenic roads and destinations, but we also bought a car so... we kind of had to get one.  For locals, a driver's license can cost up to $5,000! And that's after a series of 6 courses, multiple practical driving tests in varying weather conditions, and they must be 18.  For us, being American, we had one chance to pass a one hour practical driving test. One chance that I almost blew because I could NOT get the car to start (it was one of those fancy hybrids).  Then I drove off with the parking break on.  So I guess the real secret is how I actually passed, and even I don't know that one.

By the way - our Norwegian licenses expire in year 2085! That's right - not until we are 99 years old.  Awesome. And a little scary.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! Ash and I love this. And are jealous. And miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you guys so much! And, I promise, you do not envy the feeling of pure panic I felt when I couldn't get that silly car to start. Thought I'd failed for sure. You know what.. I'm just going to call you :)

      Delete